Monday 21 May 2012

Showreel

For my Showreel I originally wanted to use After Effects, but unfortunately due to my lack of knowledge with the software, it became very difficult to make the video look good. I decided to use Windows Movie Maker, as although it is basic, it can produce very nice effects. I wanted my video to showcase all my 3D work dynamically, so I made a fading slide transfer across all the images. I also added a pan like animation to the slides, that scanned the images horizontal, vertical and even zoom. The fading of the slides and panning of the camera makes the whole video come together nicely, especially with the inclusion of atmospheric music.

I added small captions to the slides to title briefly what image was being represented. Also at the end of the video, I briefly added the software I used to inform the viewer how the models were built.
Overall I was very pleased with the outcome of my Showreel, as although it was simple, I believe it was effective and represented my work in a clear and professional manner

No comments:

Post a Comment