Monday 21 May 2012

Making My Website

After looking at some existing examples, I have a good idea of what I wanted my website to look like. I decide to make it on Wix, a website that specializes on web design. Although it seemed a little complex at first,  I really wanted to take my time and produce my website in the simplistic and interactive way I envisioned. Sadly, due to branding, Wix used a few adverts on my site, but I wasn't so put off by it when I finalized the design process.

Here are some screenshot images of my website. It is designed into 4 simple parts. Home page. About me. Art. and Contact.


For my main homepage I wanted it to be able to instantly grab the attention of my audience. So I added an animated slideshow of my recently modeled work. Below that I also added a small 'Like' button connected to Facebook, which would hopefully encourage users to use. Below the main slideshow box, I added another small image showcasing a different 3D model that is not including in the slideshow above. This instantly shows the diversity of my work all in one place. The viewer can access my art page by simply clicking 'more info' Below that I added another place for Facebook users to comment on the work presented.



For my 'About Me' section, I really wanted to show a down to earth profile about who I am and what I enjoy, so it would be easy for the viewer to understand me better as a person, not just an artist.



My 'Art' page I wanted to be entirely visual with no text. I also wanted to show case all the 3D work I have done in reasonably large thumbnail views, that can be enlarged when clicked. This grid of pictures makes it easy for the viewer to briefly look over at my work and be freely able to select which images they wish to enlarge.



The Final page is the 'Contact me' section. Where viewers are freely able to email me directly with any questions or queries to my work on the site. I also added two interactive social network buttons to the bottom, to allow viewers to contact me in those methods also. Considering a lot of artists are connected through social networking, I found it important to use this a s a key asset.







No comments:

Post a Comment