Monday 21 May 2012

Making a Website: Existing Examples.

For part of my Uni project I was asked to make a website to showcase my directed study. The skills I want portray are that of my 3D work. Although I enjoy doing 2D artwork, I have grown very fond of 3D modeling and think I have a more natural ability with it. To showcase my 3D work I want to make my website simplistic, yet visually appealing and interactive.  I want to make it friendly and inviting so that viewers will be encouraged to look further. With interactive images of my work, such as slideshows and animated button links, my website will look simplistic but professional for the work shown. I also think it is important to add social networking to the site, so it is easily encouraged for viewers to want to like or share my work.

To get a better perspective of what I want my website to look like, I researched some existing artistic examples that showcase the simplicity and the social network aspect.



 Alessandro Cavallo's website is very simplistic and easy to navigate around. The bright use of colour and simple text makes it a visually appealing site. The little doodles also add the comical factor which can make enough indication to the artist's work.




This is the emotionslive website. I chose this because I really loved the simplicity of what is actually displayed. Although there is little to physically see, there is a lot of information you can take on board primarily to it's aesthetic. For example the coloured legs relate well to the title of the website. Emotions are recognized with colour. So I think this website works well with what it's saying.


Guilherme Neumann's website is the most simplistic of them all in terms of written details. Instead of describing his work or himself, he presents the viewer with 5 options or interactive windows. Instantly inviting the viewer into this world of art.









No comments:

Post a Comment