Sunday 20 May 2012

Gun Blueprints

Alongside my photo reference research, I wanted to digitally draw a couple of guns also showing the specific details and functions. I think it is important to thoroughly look at every detail the gun as without correctly studying it, it would be impossible to get the right proportions. Guns have a lot of symmetry and detailing that are all very important to take into account when I model my own guns.

Here are two blueprint styled drawings I did in Photoshop via photo referencing. Drawing bother guns enabled me to understand the different components and importance of detail. 
The two guns show are the G36C Rifle and M1911 Pistol. I chose these two on the basis of complexity and also to understand the different types of firearms. I want to model a variety at the end of my research, so it is important to get a greater perspective.




 In this blueprint I learned how this assault rifle has different components for different and important functions. For example, the beginning of the stock has cylindrical shapes, indicating to me that this particular stock can be folded onto the rifle. To further prove that statement, there is a small rectangular piece next to the chamber, which is where the stock clips to. We can also see a dial that adjusts the fire rate of the rifle, such as single, semi or fully automatic. To the left side of the magazine we can see the mag release switch connecting to the trigger. The top of the gun has an extended top tail for a variety of sights and scopes. At the far left we can see a basic Iron sight attached to the top rail. The end of the gun near the barrel also has two smaller rails for attachments such as torches. There is also a looped structure for a sling to be attached to the weapon.





In this blueprint, although more simplistic shows the construction of the M1911 pistol. On the left side of the handle there is a switch, which when pushed in controls the safety mechanism of the trigger. We can also see the hammer lock which pulls back before the trigger is fired. The grip on the casing can be seen for easier cocking of the pistol as well as pulling back the hammer lock.

1 comment:

  1. would you be able to do a blueprint on the PGM Hecate 2

    ReplyDelete